My jandals strap has loosened / stretched. Is there a way it can be tightened?
Unfortunately, over time, the strap will eventually stretch and loose some of its original tightness the same way clothing will stretch over time if you wear it a lot. The strap stretching over time is inevitable and is not a reason for product return. As previously stated, whilst the straps are very elastic, once stretched, the strap will not return to its original tightness.
However, if your strap has stretched, there are a couple of tricks that you can try that can re-tighten the strap:
Option 1 - Hot water method:
1. Boil the kettle.
2. Put the plug in the kitchen sink.
3. Tip the boiling water into the sink.
4. Place the jandals upside down so that the strap is in the hot water.
5. Leave jandals in the water until it cools. Wait 24 hours until trying them back on.
This should have tightened the strap.
Option 2 – Hair dryer method:
1. Using a hair dryer, on the hottest setting, apply the hot air to the strap for approx 2-3 minutes.
*Please keep your hands away from the hot air source and be careful not to overheat your hairdryer.
2. This should shrink the strap down.
3. Allow to cool for 24 hours before trying on again. This should have tightened the strap.
Note; you normally need a fairly decent hair dryer to be able to do this.
Of course, with both methods. Please take extreme caution not to burn yourself!